The Office Manager provides support for the owner/Aging Life Care Manager (ALCM) in assuring the business functions of the company are executed in an organized and expeditious manner and in accordance to company policies and procedures. He/she assures excellent customer service while interfacing with other employees, company clients, families, outside vendors and the general community.
Your responsibilities are, as follows:
1. Answering the phone, collecting the mail and other office correspondence, and processing the information received is provided to the appropriate person in an expeditious manner.
2. Ensuring the smooth and effective day to day communication between all persons who interact with our company in the service of our clients and families.
3. Risk management- keeping the Owner completely aware of all issues that may adversely affect the company, its’ clients, or any others
4. Ensuring excellent communication- all parties are informed about company and client issues and respond in a timely manner. Providing written documentation of the issue and the follow-up to the Owner.
5. Maintaining the business filing system, licenses, and other correspondence in a chronological, organized, and easily accessible manner.
6. Tracking the inventory of office and medical supplies and providing the Owner with a list of needed items, the cost, a request for approval to order the supplies.
7. Interface with our Software Documentation System.
8. Creating and updating forms for use in the software program and general business.
9. Under the direction of the Owner, creating policies, procedures, forms, and other correspondence that provides organization and efficiency in the company.
10. Setting up meetings and make phone calls, as requested. Set up follow-up appointments, as needed.
11. Keeping a supply of client forms available for use by staff.
- Accounts Payable:
- Running payroll twice monthly to ensure timely payment to our employees and entering into the bookkeeping system. Maintaining the payroll tax files and other related payroll files.
- Verifying, processing and entering bills from vendors into the bookkeeping system and submitting for approval and payment to the Owner.
- Keeping track of other accounts payable such as licenses, taxes, etc.
- Managing petty cash and entering expenses into the bookkeeping system.
- Managing the credit card entries into the bookkeeping system.
- Accounts Receivable
- Capturing billable events and creating monthly invoices and statements for all clients and payor sources with supporting documentation. Entering invoices into the bookkeeping system.
- Tracking when payments are due and following through on collections.
- Keeping the Owner aware of collection issues.
- Maintaining the accounts receivable and accounts payable filing system in in a chronological, organized, and easily accessible manner.
- Creating monthly reconciliation reports for petty cash, credit cards, and other bookkeeping accounts.
- Other normal bookkeeping functions, as requested.
Creating and maintaining employee files in accordance with regulations and company policies and procedures.
1. Maintaining client records, documentation and accurate filing systems
2. Creating and distributing to appropriate staff an updated Weekly Client Summary with important information.
- Periodic customer satisfaction surveys to determine the quality of services offered.
- Send out customer satisfaction surveys to discharged clients and their referral sources.
- Creating and maintaining social media opportunities such as LinkedIn, FaceBook, and our company website.
- Reviewing local newspapers and other sources for upcoming events and networking opportunities and keeping the Owner informed.
- Arranging for speaking opportunities for the Owner as an Aging Life Care Expert.
- Creating and maintaining a Referral Tracking System that tracks all marketing efforts and the outcomes.
- Create personalized thank you notes for the Owner to sign for all referrals.
- Assisting the Owner, Graphic Designer, and other designated persons in the creation of marketing materials and presentations.
- Honoring client birthdays and special events with a card or small gift. You keep track of client deaths and funerals and assure flowers are sent. Notify Owner and others so they can attend services
As requested by the Owner.
- Current Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related office and/or health care management field.
- At least one year of experience working in the health care, office management, business or related field.
- Knowledge of business office practices.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Effectively organized.
- Team player, good communicator.
- Must have flexibility in your schedule, with rare availability on weekends and evenings.
- Must meet company standards of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.50 to $18.50 /hour
- bookkeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- office manager: 1 year (Preferred)
- quickbooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- office management: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday